Sherry Alok Mohan (Dr.)
Name: Sherry Alok Mohan (Dr.)
Ph.D. (Accounts & Law)
- Dr. A. M. Sherry is Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Chair Professor, Financial Markets. He is Head / Chair of the School of Financial Markets.
- He has over 27 years of experience in Teaching, Research and Consulting in Financial Accounting, Financial Management and Financial Markets.
- He has guided more than 200 Research projects and published/presented research papers in National/International Conferences/ Journals. As a trainer, he has conducted more than 100 training programmes for officers of Central Government, State Governments and Public Sector Undertakings.
- As a Head of the Research Team of Department of Economic Affairs & Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (DEA-AJNIFM) Research Programme, he has contributed as a Team Leader in more than 50 Policy Research Reports in the last 5 years which includes AIF Taxation in India (A Comprehensive Review & Analysis), Cyber Security for Indian Securities Markets, Unified Regulator for IFSC, Bond ETF in Indian Securities Market, Direct Market Access to Retail Individual Investors, Minimum Public Shareholding: An Impact Analysis on Price Discovery (A Case Study of CPSEs), and Single Demat Account. He has been instrumental in organizing stakeholder meetings, roundtable discussions and seminars/webinars for the Ministry of Finance which includes Single Securities Markets Code, Investor Charter, Interoperability, Algorithms/ High Frequency Trading, and Rationalization of Stamp Duty.
- He is Director on Board. Presently he is Public Interest Director in India ICC, GIFT International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) , Gujrat and Independent External Person in the Regulatory Oversight Committee of Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a BSE group company. He is on the Expert Panel of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), National Board of Accreditation (NBA), Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, National Law University (NLU), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), YMCA University and Central University of Jammu.
- He was the Member Secretary of Working Group on Uniform Valuation of Corporate Bonds set up by Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India and was also Member of the Task Force on revision of General Financial Rules setup by Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. He has been member in various Committees of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India such as Board of Studies, Accounting Standard Board, and Committee on Accounting Standards for Urban Local Bodies etc.
- He has been actively engaged in consultancy projects for various State Governments such as the Government of Odisha, Government of Jharkhand and Government of Haryana and Universities such as, Jamia Milia Islamia and Indira Gandhi National Open University in the area of Public Financial Management.
Area of Expertise:
Financial Accounting, Financial Management and Financial Markets